Peartree Cottages, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge
Offers Over £290,000
3 bedroom semi-detached house for sale
Situated in the heart of Old Melton just a two minute walk away from Melton Railway Station with the new Hybrid Trains this well presented three bedroom, two reception room Victorian cottage with a Utility room is ideal for home working and the occasional commute to London.
Situated very close to amenities, with the the highly regarded Wilford Bridge Public House, Five Winds Butchery and Melton Railway Station minutes away, and just 28 minute walk from Woodbridge Town Centre via a scenic riverside path.
In addition to the charm of the main residence, there is an outside garden room which could be ideal for home working, a shed with power and other useful outbuildings with potential to convert into further accommodation (subject to obtaining planning permission).
Location: On the outskirts of Woodbridge Station Road is a through road between Wilfred Bridge Road and Yarmouth Road.
Located conveniently to local shops, within walking distance to the Melton Station, Five Winds Butchers, and The Historic Wilford Bridge Public House.
Woodbridge Town Centre is a 20 minute walk . Woodbridge was named by the Sunday Times in 2018, 2019 and 2020 as one of the top ten places to live in England.
Town: Lying on the banks of the River Deben the historic market town of Woodbridge is thriving with excellent local facilities including bars, cafes, pubs and restaurants.
There is a Riverside Cinema, A top quality Leisure Centre, and Marina.
In addition the town has an attractive range of shops and boutiques.
The river offers water sports opportunities, together with golf, tennis, rugby and football clubs close by. The picturesque Suffolk Heritage Coastal area is on hand.
Education: There is a wide selection of Ofsted rated state and private schools for all age groups in both Melton and Woodbridge. (Farlingaye High School has an Ofsted Outstanding Rating).
Access: The A12 is easily accessed, linking to the county town of Ipswich (10 miles) to Colchester, Chelmsford and beyond. Stansted Airport is accessed (via the A120), Cambridge and The Midlands (via the A14).
Transport: Melton and Woodbridge Railway Station is on the Ipswich to Lowestoft East Suffolk Line which provides excellent rail links:
Liverpool Street Station has a journey time from Ipswich of approximately 1 hour.
Greater Anglia have announced the launch of a direct rail service running to London Liverpool Station.
Local Authority: East Suffolk Council
Council Tax Band: At the time of instruction the council tax band for this property is Band C.
Money Laundering Regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
1. While Potter's Estate Agents endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable they are only a general guide to the property and accordingly. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you please contact the office and we will be happy to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
2. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and cannot guarantee the accuracy of any description, dimensions, references to conditions, necessary permissions for use and occupancy and other details contained herein. The prospective purchasers or tenants must not rely on them as statements of fact or representations and must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
3. Potter's Estate Agents doesn't have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty or enter into any contract whatever in relation to the property.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property. We strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. Potter's Estate Agents will not be liable in negligence or otherwise, for any loss arising from the use of these particulars that have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor.
6. Photographs will only show certain parts of the property and assumptions should not be made in respect of those parts of the property that have not been photographed. (Items or contents shown in the photographs are not included as part of the sale unless specified otherwise. It should not be assumed the property will remain as shown in the photograph. Photographs are taken using a wide-angle lens.
- Three Bedrooms
- Semi Detached Home
- Original Features
- Potential To Extend Subject To Planning Permission Being Obtained
- Off Road Parking
- Wooden Floors
- Further Outbuildings
- Close to River Deben
- Office/ Studio/ Play Room
w: 3.35m x l: 3.35m
Window to side aspect, open tread stairs to first floor, doors to kitchen and living room
w: 3.35m x l: 3.05m
Window to front aspect, wooden floor, open fireplace, t.v point.
w: 3.35m x l: 2.74m
Fitted to three walls is a range of eye and base level matching units of cupboard, drawers with fitted work surface and tiles splash backs. Built-in sink unit with mixer tap, plumbing for dish washer, space for cooker and fridge freezer. Window to side aspect and door to outside. Door to:
Fitted work surface, plumbing for washing machine, window to side aspect. Door to:
A modern fitted three piece fitted suite in white comprising wash basin, w.c. and panelled bath with shower over. Window to side aspect, built in cupboard.
w: 3.66m x l: 3.35m
Window to front aspect, built-in cupboard, fitted wardrobes and storage, window to front aspect.
w: 2.74m x l: 2.74m
Window to rear aspect, built-in cupboard.
w: 2.74m x l: 2.44m
Window to rear agent, built-in wardrobe.
w: 5.79m x l: 2.44m
Detached with up and over door and side door
This property offer a good sized plot wrapped around on three sides. Shingle drive providing off road parking and access to the garage. Manicured lawn, flower and shrub borders. Fully enclosed.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of these details, it should be noted that the measurements are approximate only. Floorplans are for representation purposes only and prepared according to the RICS Code of Measuring Practice by our floorplan provider. Therefore, the layout of doors, windows and rooms are approximate and should be regarded as such by any prospective purchaser. Any internal photographs are intended as a guide only and it should not be assumed that any of the furniture/fittings are included in any sale. Where shown, details of lease, ground rent and service charge are provided by the vendor and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, as the information may not have been verified and further checks should be made either through your solicitor/conveyance. Where appliances, including central heating, are mentioned, it cannot be assumed that they are in working order, as they have not been tested. Please also note that wiring, plumbing and drains have not been checked.