Little Lane, Wickham Market, Woodbridge
Guide Price £425,000
3 bedroom cottage for sale
Little lane is a delightful detached cottage situated in the centre of the picturesque and thriving Suffolk village of Wickham Market rarely available home that offers the very best Eco Technology keeping running cost to a minimum.
Little lane is a quiet side road leading directly from the village square. The house is situated at the end of the car-accessible section of the lane on a private gravelled driveway with ample parking and a fully planted garden to both the front and rear aspects. Beyond the house the Lane becomes a bridle path connecting to playing fields and open countryside- perfect for walkers, dog owners and occasional horse riders.
The property is brick-built and finished to a very high standard, having been constructed as the 'show home' for energy efficient technologies.
The design and technology thoughtfully incorporated into this property make it a unique combination of the modern and the traditional - Eco Technology keeping running costs to a minimum.
With Air source under floor heating, super insulation, solar panels, a water harvester, predominantly south facing windows and a water harvester this property costs its current owners less than 30 pence a day in utilities and very low environmental impact.
Within, the property is warm, spacious and well appointed. From the entrance hallway, the ground floor includes a sitting room with working wood-burning fireplace, a fully fitted kitchen with a large dining area, a third bedroom-cum-study with ample storage space, and the guest WC with walk-in shower.
There are also storage cupboards containing easily-accessible controls for the energy systems. Upstairs, there are two double bedrooms with built in cupboards and a large bathroom with shower over bath, WC and underfloor heating. Throughout there are oak timber floors, LED lighting, underfloor heating powered by solar generated hot water and tasteful decoration with all window coverings included. The home is connected to super-fast broadband and satellite TV signal distributed throughout six rooms.
A perfect home for a growing family looking to settle in an idyllic Suffolk village, or a low-cost low-maintenance second home for those looking for a country escape close to the Suffolk coast, local attractions and frequent and fast connections to London Liverpool Street from the Station a few miles away. The A12 is also in easy reach.
As agents, we recommend the earliest possible enquiry where we can release our 3D video walkthrough viewing, to appreciate the exceptional standard and value of accommodation on offer.
Location: The property is located on a private lane which is at striking distance away from Wickham Market Centre.
Village: Locally, within the village enjoy the Tea Rooms, restaurants, gift stores, antique stores and the award-winning local Pubs, The Greyhound and The Crown (at Ufford). There is also a supermarket and the area's main primary school within walking distance, making this a genuinely liveable location. Nearby are the charming towns of Framlingham and Woodbridge.
Wickham Market lies just off the A12 providing easy access to the near towns of Woodbridge (10mins), Aldeburgh (25mins) Ipswich (26mins).
There are also direct rail services to London at nearby Campsea Ashe.
The local tourist attractions of Framlingham Castle, Snape Maltings and Sutton Hoo are all within a ten mile radius.
Education: There is a wide selection of Ofsted (Outstanding and Very Good) rated state and private schools for all age groups in both Melton and Woodbridge.
Access: The A12 is easily accessed, linking to the county town of Ipswich (10 miles) to Colchester, Chelmsford and beyond. Stansted Airport is accessed (via the A120), Cambridge and The Midlands (via the A14).
Transport: Campsea Ashe or Woodbridge Railway Station is on the Ipswich to Lowestoft East Suffolk Line which provides excellent rail links: Liverpool Street Station has a journey time from Ipswich of approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Greater Anglia have announced the launch of a direct rail services running to London Liverpool Station.
Local Authority: East Suffolk Council
Council Tax Band: At the time of instruction the council tax band for this property is Band D.
Money Laundering Regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
1. While Potter's Estate Agents endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable they are only a general guide to the property and accordingly. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you please contact the office and we will be happy to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
2. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and cannot guarantee the accuracy of any description, dimensions, references to conditions, necessary permissions for use and occupancy and other details contained herein. The prospective purchasers or tenants must not rely on them as statements of fact or representations and must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
3. Potter's Estate Agents doesn't have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty or enter into any contract whatever in relation to the property.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property. We strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. Potter's Estate Agents will not be liable in negligence or otherwise, for any loss arising from the use of these particulars that have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor.
6. Photographs will only show certain parts of the property and assumptions should not be made in respect of those parts of the property that have not been photographed. (Items or contents shown in the photographs are not included as part of the sale unless specified otherwise. It should not be assumed the property will remain as shown in the photograph. Photographs are taken using a wide-angle lens.
Council Tax Band: D (East Suffolk Council)
- Beautifully Presented
- Enviromentally Friendly
- Very Low Running Costs
- Multi Fuel Woodburner
- No Onward Chain
- Off Road Parking
- Open Plan Living
- Village Location
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of these details, it should be noted that the measurements are approximate only. Floorplans are for representation purposes only and prepared according to the RICS Code of Measuring Practice by our floorplan provider. Therefore, the layout of doors, windows and rooms are approximate and should be regarded as such by any prospective purchaser. Any internal photographs are intended as a guide only and it should not be assumed that any of the furniture/fittings are included in any sale. Where shown, details of lease, ground rent and service charge are provided by the vendor and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, as the information may not have been verified and further checks should be made either through your solicitor/conveyance. Where appliances, including central heating, are mentioned, it cannot be assumed that they are in working order, as they have not been tested. Please also note that wiring, plumbing and drains have not been checked.