Owls Cottage, Top Road, Hasketon, Woodbridge
Guide Price £600,000
5 bedroom cottage for sale
Potter's are pleased to bring to the market a rare opportunity to acquire a pair of character two and three bedroom semi detached cottages with planning permission to add a third two bedroom dwelling.
The existing two properties have been renovated in recent years, restoring and retaining original features such as traditional doors and exposed timber structures.
The property is superbly located with far reaching field views within the highly desirable village of Hasketon next to the Turks Head Gastropub.
Owls Cottage and Martins Rest have charm and character making them ideal as high income holiday lets.
They are situated in the heart of the Suffolk countryside between Ipswich and Woodbridge and are located within convenient two minute walk of the popular Turks Head gastropub.
The property is surrounded by beautiful walks and East Suffolk scenery.
Owls Cottage comprises; kitchen, lounge, dining room, three bedrooms, ground floor bathroom and garden. There is side driveway providing access to a double garage with land behind (which in itself could provide additional dwelling options subject to gaining the correct planning permissions).
Martins Rest comprises: kitchen, lounge, dining room, rear lobby, cloakroom, two bedrooms, first floor bathroom and larger garden. Both properties have oil fired central heating.
Attached to Martins Rest is a dilapidated workshop which has planning permission for demolition and the erection of an attached two bedroom dwelling.
There are various investment and development opportunities, including conversion to a single residence with the potential to create alternative living space such as for working from home.
Viewing is highly recommended to fully appreciate this excellent opportunity and outstanding beautiful location on offer.
Location: The property is within the sought after village and is tucked away amidst picturesque countryside, yet easily accessible to the nearby riverfront town of Woodbridge (2 miles) and the county town of Ipswich (9 miles) both of which provide a full range of shopping, commercial and educational facilities. The A12 dual carriageway bypasses Woodbridge and provides access to the country's main road network and mainline rail services run to London's Liverpool Street station in about 70 minutes from Ipswich.
Access: The A12 is easily accessed, linking to the county town of Ipswich (10 miles) to Colchester, Chelmsford and beyond. Stansted Airport is accessed (via the A120), Cambridge and The Midlands (via the A14).
Local Authority: East Suffolk Council
Council Tax Band: At the time of instruction the council tax band for this property is Band C & A.
Money Laundering Regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale
1. While Potter's Estate Agents endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable they are only a general guide to the property and accordingly. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be happy to check the position for you.
2. Potters draft particulars are drafted on an "as is" basis approved by the client we represent. We cannot guarantee that accuracy of the information disclosed or give any warranty as to suitability, fitness for purpose, completeness, or that any content is free of omissions or errors.
3. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor in all circumstances. Potters will not be liable for any legal expenses incurred without written permission in advance by the controlling directors.
4. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and cannot guarantee the accuracy of any description, dimensions, references to conditions, necessary permissions for use and occupancy and other details contained herein. The prospective purchasers or tenants must not rely on them as statements of fact and must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
5. Potter's Estate Agents act on an “arm’s length” basis. We do not have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty or enter any contract whatever in relation to the property.
6. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property. We strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
7. Potter's Estate Agents will not be liable for any loss arising from the use of these particulars. We have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings sand therefore cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose.
8. Potters are not solicitors and cannot give legal or financial advice. We will not be liable for any legal or conveyancing cost if information is revealed by searches etc' that leads to the sale collapsing.
9. The prospective purchasers or tenants must not rely on the particulars as statements of fact or representations and must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
10. Photographs will only show certain parts of the property and assumptions should not be made in respect of those parts of the property that have not been photographed. (Items or contents shown in the photographs are not included as part of the sale unless specified otherwise) It should not be assumed the property will remain as shown in the photograph. Photographs are taken using a wide-angle lens.
Council Tax Band: C & A (East Suffolk Council)
- Pair of Character Cottages
- Permission for an Additional Dwelling
- Sought After Village Location
- Exciting Opportunity For Redevelopment
- Fabulous rural views
- Viewing Strongly Recommended
- Double Garage with Planning Scope
- Potential as a Single Residence (STPP)
- Close to Woodbridge and Ipswich
- Driveway Parking
Side entrance door to kitchen
10' 6" x 7' 7" (3.2m x 2.31m)
Windows to side and rear, fitted kitchen units and worktop with spaces for appliances, doors to dining room and hall connecting to bathroom.
Opening through to bathroom.
Window to rear, suite comprising panelled bath, basin and WC.
14' 6" x 9' 6" (4.42m x 2.9m)
Window to side, door to hall with door to sitting room and stairs rising to first floor, cupboard to alcove, exposed timber structured feature opening through to sitting room.
18' 8" x 12' 4" maximum (5.69m x 3.76m)
Window to front, door to front opening to front garden, window to side, open fireplace with log burner, cupboard and display unit to alcoves.
Window to rear, doors to.
12' 4" x 11' 5" (3.76m x 3.48m)
Window to front.
11' 3" x 9' 6" (3.43m x 2.9m)
Window to side.
9' 3" x 6' 11" (2.82m x 2.11m)
Window to front.
Lawn to front and enclosed garden mainly laid to lawn with patio to rear. There is a driveway to the side providing ample parking and access to a double garage with twin double door entry measuring approximately 21' x 19' which has a separate established garden behind.
MARTIN'S REST, 2 TOP ROAD
Front entrance door to
12' 6" x 12' 5" maximum (3.81m x 3.78m)
Window to front, open fireplace, exposed timber structured feature opening through to dining room, exposed quarry block floor, door to stairs rising to first floor, doors to dining room and kitchen.
12' 6" x 6' 9" (3.81m x 2.06m)
Window to front, fitted kitchen units and worktop with spaces for appliances, door to hall connecting to cloakroom.
Window to side, door to side to garden, door to dining room, door to cloakroom.
Window to rear, basin, WC.
Window to rear, French doors to garden.
11' 7" x 9' 8" (3.53m x 2.95m)
Window to side.
10' 5" x 9' 4" (3.18m x 2.84m)
Window to front.
12' 5" x 6' 10" (3.78m x 2.08m)
Windows to front and rear, suite comprising panelled bath, basin and WC.
Lawn to front and enclosed garden to rear laid to lawn which currently wraps around behind the adjoining Carpenters workshop which provides the end plot for development. There is a sunken Klargester Wastewater Management System at the rear of the garden which currently provides wastewater management for four properties and requires two services per annum, the resulting benefit of this system is zero waste water rates. The cost of servicing is shared equally between using properties.
Proposed Development - DC/20/4042/FUL
Included in the sale is full planning permission for a two storey, two bedroom over passage attached dwelling which would be erected in the place of the adjoining Carpenters Workshop, the garden can be apportioned from neighbouring Martin's Rest at the rear and there will be a parking space to the front, thus creating a terrace of three.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of these details, it should be noted that the measurements are approximate only. Floorplans are for representation purposes only and prepared according to the RICS Code of Measuring Practice by our floorplan provider. Therefore, the layout of doors, windows and rooms are approximate and should be regarded as such by any prospective purchaser. Any internal photographs are intended as a guide only and it should not be assumed that any of the furniture/fittings are included in any sale. Where shown, details of lease, ground rent and service charge are provided by the vendor and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, as the information may not have been verified and further checks should be made either through your solicitor/conveyance. Where appliances, including central heating, are mentioned, it cannot be assumed that they are in working order, as they have not been tested. Please also note that wiring, plumbing and drains have not been checked.