Westwood Avenue, Ipswich
Guide Price £535,000
4 bedroom detached house for sale
Situated on the north-western side of Ipswich, in this sought-after tree-lined road, is this 1930's four bedroom double-bay detached home.
This beautifully extended four bedroom detached family home enjoying a wealth of originality and features combined with generous and versatile living accommodation. The property has been extended to a very high standard replicating original features with contemporary style. The property is located on a leafy avenue, one of the prettiest roads in the popular North West of Ipswich and has parking for two vehicles, close proximity to all local amenities, Christchurch park, walking distance to the town centre and easy access to A12/ A14 and Railway Station. It is also very popular for Ipswich School location.
The reception hall has a double-glazed front door and obscure window, oak engineered flooring, stairs to the first floor with two cupboards and doors off.
A good sized sitting room has a bay window to the front with shutters fitted, carpeted floor and an open coal-effect gas fire with wood surround and marble hearth.
Adjacent is the study, with window to the front and oak engineered flooring.
Hallway leads into a beautifully designed open plan kitchen/ diner attached with a spacious sitting room with sky lantern, this is the perfect space for either a growing family or home owners who like entertaining.
All this space either overlooks the rear, access by either a rear UPVC door or stunning bi folds all linking by decking, the kitchen has a range of modern base and eye-level units with a mixture of quartz work top and solid oak, range master cooker & cooker hood, integrated dishwasher & washing machine, Belfast sink, space for a fridge/ freezer, breakfast bar with space for a wine cooler and oak engineered flooring.
There is a gas-fired boiler and walk-in pantry cupboard. A door leads into a down stairs cloakroom.
The first floor landing has a window to the side, access to the loft space and doors off to all bedrooms and family bathroom.
Master bedroom has a bay window to the front with shutters fitted, bespoke handmade fitted wardrobes, and ensuite comprising WC, basin and shower.
The three further double bedrooms, one which has a built-in cupboard, window to the rear, third bedroom with window to the front and the fourth bedroom with dual aspect has been turned into a walk in dressing room, with a bespoke handmade fitted wardrobes.
Main family bathroom with low level wc, basin, bath with fitted water fall shower and screen, mainly tiled walls and tiled floor.
This home has well-presented gardens, the front mainly shingled drive for two cars and mature boarders.
The landscaped rear garden is private south east facing, mainly laid to lawn with mature shrubs and trees in the boarders, two large sheds one with electric and has been insulated. All enclosed by fencing, with access to the side through locked gate.
As agents, Due to the popular location of this home we recommend the earliest possible enquiry where we can release our 3D video walk-through viewing, to appreciate the exceptional standard and value of accommodation on offer.
Disclaimer - Under section 21 of the Estate Agency Act 1979 we must inform you the owner is related to the selling agent.
Location: Westwood Avenue is a much sought after road lying on the north-western side of Ipswich within easy walking distance of the town centre. There is an excellent range of local shopping facilities nearby and a regular bus service to the town centre, if required. Popular schools are within easy reach and for the commuter, the A12/A14 and mainline station are all within easy reach.
Town: The county town of Ipswich is served by a wide range of local amenities including schools, University, shops, doctors, dental surgeries, hospital, two theatres, parks, recreational facilities and mainline railway station providing direct links to London Liverpool Street Station. The town has also undergone an extensive rebuilding around the vibrant waterfront which now has some lovely bars and restaurants.
Education: There is a wide selection of Good Ofsted rated state schools and closely followed by Ipswich private school for all age groups.
Access: The A14 and A12 is easily accessed, linking and giving excellent access across the region. A12 connecting to Colchester, Chelmsford and Stansted Airport and beyond, A14 connecting to Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge and The Midlands.
Transport: Ipswich Railway Station which provides excellent rail links to Norwich and Liverpool Street Station. The journey time from Ipswich of approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Greater Anglia have announced the launch of a direct rail services running to London Liverpool Station.
Local Authority: Ipswich Borough Council
Council Tax Band: At the time of instruction the council tax band for this property is Band E.
Services: Mains electricity, sewerage and water connected. Gas fired central heating.
Money Laundering Regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
1. While Potter's Estate Agents endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable they are only a general guide to the property and accordingly. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be happy to check the position for you.
2. Potters draft particulars are drafted on an "as is" basis approved by the client we represent. We cannot guarantee that accuracy of the information disclosed or give any warranty as to suitability, fitness for purpose, completeness, or that any content is free of omissions or errors.
3. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor in all circumstances. Potters will not be liable for any legal expenses incurred without written permission in advance by the controlling directors.
4. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and cannot guarantee the accuracy of any description, dimensions, references to conditions, necessary permissions for use and occupancy and other details contained herein. The prospective purchasers or tenants must not rely on them as statements of fact and must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
5. Potter's Estate Agents act on an "arm's length" basis. We do not have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty or enter any contract whatever in relation to the property.
6. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property. We strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
7. Potter's Estate Agents will not be liable for any loss arising from the use of these particulars. We have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings sand therefore cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose.
8. Potters are not solicitors and cannot give legal or financial advice. We will not be liable for any legal or conveyancing cost if information is revealed by searches etc' that leads to the sale collapsing.
9. The prospective purchasers or tenants must not rely on the particulars as statements of fact or representations and must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
10. Photographs will only show certain parts of the property and assumptions should not be made in respect of those parts of the property that have not been photographed. (Items or contents shown in the photographs are not included as part of the sale unless specified otherwise) It should not be assumed the property will remain as shown in the photograph. Photographs are taken using a wide-angle lens.
Council Tax Band: E (Ipswich Borough Council)
- Master Bedroom With En-suite
- Open Plan Living
- Prestigious Location
- South East Facing Large Landscaped Rear Garden
- Versatile Accommodation
- Virtual Tour Available
- Beautifully Presented
- Extended Large Bay
- Four Bedroom Home
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of these details, it should be noted that the measurements are approximate only. Floorplans are for representation purposes only and prepared according to the RICS Code of Measuring Practice by our floorplan provider. Therefore, the layout of doors, windows and rooms are approximate and should be regarded as such by any prospective purchaser. Any internal photographs are intended as a guide only and it should not be assumed that any of the furniture/fittings are included in any sale. Where shown, details of lease, ground rent and service charge are provided by the vendor and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, as the information may not have been verified and further checks should be made either through your solicitor/conveyance. Where appliances, including central heating, are mentioned, it cannot be assumed that they are in working order, as they have not been tested. Please also note that wiring, plumbing and drains have not been checked.