Sycamores Saxon Way, Melton, Woodbridge
Offers Over £625,000
4 bedroom detached house for sale
Available for the first time in 23 years this substantial property provides a lot of accommodation with the potential to update into a truly exceptional home.
Situated in a highly desirable location with South facing rear gardens on a large corner plot at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac with footpaths to the town centre close by Sycamores offers a rarely available opportunity to add value.
With three reception rooms separated by stud walls on a large floorplan, four bedrooms, two en-suite and a large family bathroom, a double garage and parking for an additional five cars Sycamores is perfect for those with large families and who want to entertain.
On entering the property there is a light and spacious hallway with a feature newel post staircase and hardwood floor and plenty of storage cupboards off.
The galleried landing over looks the hall from a large deep window at the front of the property and from the bedrooms the hallway is viewed through four symmetrical architect designed archways.
The landing has three large storage cupboards
The hallway gives access to all principal rooms.
The large lounge runs from the front to the rear of the property with dual aspect windows that allows light to come in from both sides of the room. At the rear is a bay window overlooking the delightful garden and the wildlife. The gas fire is placed centrally.
The lounge has double bi folding doors leading onto the dining room with garden views via fully glazed patio doors. The patio and double doors give that highly sought after outside living/open plan feel that has the potential to be expanded on.
Situated to the front of the property is currently a study which could alternatively be used as a snug, play room, smaller dinning room etc'
There is a very good sized kitchen-breakfast room which has been fitted with a range of wood fronted units with worktops over. Plumbing for a dishwasher, an integrated double oven, gas hob and patio doors leading out onto the garden.
Dual aspect with the sun lighting the room as its rising in the morning and setting in the evening. The utility room is situated off the kitchen and has further units, plumbing for a washing machine and houses the boiler. There is a large ground floor cloakroom with wc and wash basin.
On the first floor there is a wrap around galleried landing with four feature arches. The master bedroom has two sets of fitted wardrobes and an ensuite with shower cubicle, wc and wash basin. There are three further bedrooms, all with fitted wardrobes and a family bathroom with a panelled bath, wc and wash basin.
First time for sale in 23 years.
Location: The property is located in a cul-de-sac location in a highly desirable part of Woodbridge. Named by the Sunday Times in 2018 as one of the top four places to live in.
Town: Lying on the banks of the River Deben the historic market town of Woodbridge is thriving with excellent local facilities including bars, cafes, pubs and restaurants. There is a Riverside Cinema, A top quality Leisure Centre, and Marina. In addition the town has an attractive range of shops and boutiques. The river offers water sports opportunities, together with golf, tennis, rugby and football clubs close by. The picturesque Suffolk Heritage Coastal area is on hand.
Education: There is a wide selection of Ofsted rated state and private schools for all age groups in both Melton and Woodbridge.
Access: The A12 is easily accessed, linking to the county town of Ipswich (10 miles) to Colchester, Chelmsford and beyond. Stansted Airport is accessed (via the A120), Cambridge and The Midlands (via the A14).
Transport: Woodbridge Railway Station is on the Ipswich to Lowestoft East Suffolk Line which provides excellent rail links: Liverpool Street Station has a journey time from Ipswich of approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Greater Anglia have announced the launch of a direct rail services running to London Liverpool Station.
Local Authority: East Suffolk Council
Council Tax Band: At the time of instruction the council tax band for this property is Band G.
Money Laundering Regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
1. While Potter's Estate Agents endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable they are only a general guide to the property and accordingly. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you please contact the office and we will be happy to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
2. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and cannot guarantee the accuracy of any description, dimensions, references to conditions, necessary permissions for use and occupancy and other details contained herein. The prospective purchasers or tenants must not rely on them as statements of fact or representations and must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
3. Potter's Estate Agents doesn't have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty or enter into any contract whatever in relation to the property.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property. We strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. Potter's Estate Agents will not be liable in negligence or otherwise, for any loss arising from the use of these particulars that have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor.
6. Photographs will only show certain parts of the property and assumptions should not be made in respect of those parts of the property that have not been photographed. (Items or contents shown in the photographs are not included as part of the sale unless specified otherwise. It should not be assumed the property will remain as shown in the photograph. Photographs are taken using a wide-angle lens.
Council Tax Band: G (East Suffolk Council)
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of these details, it should be noted that the measurements are approximate only. Floorplans are for representation purposes only and prepared according to the RICS Code of Measuring Practice by our floorplan provider. Therefore, the layout of doors, windows and rooms are approximate and should be regarded as such by any prospective purchaser. Any internal photographs are intended as a guide only and it should not be assumed that any of the furniture/fittings are included in any sale. Where shown, details of lease, ground rent and service charge are provided by the vendor and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, as the information may not have been verified and further checks should be made either through your solicitor/conveyance. Where appliances, including central heating, are mentioned, it cannot be assumed that they are in working order, as they have not been tested. Please also note that wiring, plumbing and drains have not been checked.