Old Maltings Approach, Melton, Woodbridge
Guide Price £195,000
2 bedroom apartment for sale
Potter's are privileged to offer for sale this investment opportunity, a well-proportioned two double bedroom first floor apartment, situated within the popular Old Maltings Court development, Melton, Woodbridge. Offered with tenant in situ or chain free.
Security Intercom entrance front door to communal entrance hall with lift and stairs to first floor, Access to the apartment door, Entrance hall, there is built in cupboard and airing cupboard linking to an inner hall which leads to all the principal open plan reception/ kitchen, bedrooms and separate bathroom.
The sitting/dining room provides enough space for a good size sofa and armchair with further space provided for a small table and four chairs.
The kitchen features a range of wall and base units with roll top worksurfaces, sink with mixer tap, a four-ring electric hob with extractor, an electric oven and space for a washer dryer and fridge/freezer.
The large master bedroom featuring a bay and Juliette balcony, a fitted wardrobe with sliding doors and enough space for further bedroom furniture. It is served by an ensuite. shower room
Second double bedroom and separate bathroom, bath with shower attachment.
Features include one allocated parking space which is conveniently located just adjacent to the apartment block, electric heating, double glazed windows and hardwired smoke detectors.
The apartment benefits from lift access or stairs, integral extractor and secure entry phone system.
Further visitor parking is available to the rear of the building and there is a useful bike store, communal bin storage. There are also established communal grounds.
For investors it is worth noting that the property is currently rented with a tenant in situ, on an assured hold tenancy agreement with monthly rent being £725.00 per calendar month, representing a gross rental yield of 4.5%. The current tenancy is due to expire in July although the tenants would like to remain in residence.
As agents, we recommend the earliest possible enquiry where we can release our 3D video walk-through viewing, to appreciate the exceptional standard and value of accommodation on offer.
Service charges as of 2021:
Annual Service Charge £1842.45
Annual Ground Rent £150.00
109 years remaining on lease
Location: The site of Old Maltings formerly the Deben Mill built by Bellway Homes.
Old Maltings Court is just in the parish of Melton but is within walking distance of Woodbridge Town centre.
Melton has a Train Station, a Spar store attached to the local garage, a recreation ground, tennis courts, Five Winds Farm shop, Springside store, Fish and Chip shop, Coffee shop, two pubs Coach and Horses and The Wilford Bridge and further retail and outlet shops.
Woodbridge Town Centre is a 10 minute walk, which was recently named by the Sunday Times in 2018, 2019 and 2020 as one of the top ten places to live in England.
Town: Lying on the banks of the River Deben the historic market town of Woodbridge is thriving with excellent local facilities including bars, cafes, pubs and restaurants.
There is a Riverside Cinema, A top quality Leisure Centre, and Marina.
In addition the town has an attractive range of shops and boutiques.
The river offers water sports opportunities, together with golf, tennis, rugby and football clubs close by. The picturesque Suffolk Heritage Coastal area is on hand.
Close to the Nation Trust, awe inspiring Anglo-Saxon royal burial site at Sutton Hoo.
Education: There is a wide selection of Ofsted rated state and private schools for all age groups in both Melton and Woodbridge. (Farlingaye High School has an Ofsted Outstanding Rating).
Access: The A12 is easily accessed, linking to the county town of Ipswich (10 miles) to Colchester, Chelmsford and beyond. Stansted Airport is accessed (via the A120), Cambridge and The Midlands (via the A14).
Transport: Melton and Woodbridge Railway Station is on the Ipswich to Lowestoft East Suffolk Line which provides excellent rail links:
Liverpool Street Station has a journey time from Ipswich of approximately 1 hour.
Greater Anglia have announced the launch of a direct rail service running to London Liverpool Station.
Local Authority: East Suffolk Council
Council Tax Band: At the time of instruction the council tax band for this property is Band B.
Money Laundering Regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
1. While Potter's Estate Agents endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable they are only a general guide to the property and accordingly. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you please contact the office and we will be happy to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
2. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and cannot guarantee the accuracy of any description, dimensions, references to conditions, necessary permissions for use and occupancy and other details contained herein. The prospective purchasers or tenants must not rely on them as statements of fact or representations and must satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
3. Potter's Estate Agents doesn't have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty or enter into any contract whatever in relation to the property.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property. We strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. Potter's Estate Agents will not be liable in negligence or otherwise, for any loss arising from the use of these particulars that have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures and fittings so cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for the purpose. A buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor.
6. Photographs will only show certain parts of the property and assumptions should not be made in respect of those parts of the property that have not been photographed. (Items or contents shown in the photographs are not included as part of the sale unless specified otherwise. It should not be assumed the property will remain as shown in the photograph. Photographs are taken using a wide-angle lens.
- Investmnet Oppurtunity
- Two Double Bedrooms
- No Onward Chain
- Master Bedroom With En-suite
- Juliet Balcony
- Allocated Parking
- Current Gross Rental Yield Of 4.5%
- First Floor Apartment (With Lift Access)
- Close To Local Amenities
4.60m x 3.60m (15'1'' x 11'10'')
3.00m x 1.80m (9'10'' x 5'11'')
5.60m x 2.60m (18'4'' x 8'6'')
1.90m x 1.60m (6'3'' x 5'3'')
3.50m x 2.60m (11'6'' x 8'6'')
1.80m x 1.80m (5'11'' x 5'11'')
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of these details, it should be noted that the measurements are approximate only. Floorplans are for representation purposes only and prepared according to the RICS Code of Measuring Practice by our floorplan provider. Therefore, the layout of doors, windows and rooms are approximate and should be regarded as such by any prospective purchaser. Any internal photographs are intended as a guide only and it should not be assumed that any of the furniture/fittings are included in any sale. Where shown, details of lease, ground rent and service charge are provided by the vendor and their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, as the information may not have been verified and further checks should be made either through your solicitor/conveyance. Where appliances, including central heating, are mentioned, it cannot be assumed that they are in working order, as they have not been tested. Please also note that wiring, plumbing and drains have not been checked.